Special to Liberty Park Press
When Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-MD) commented about the way so-called “MAGA Republicans” were pressing their investigation of Hunter Biden’s favorable treatment by the Justice Department in a June plea agreement, it was just the latest attempted smear of the opposing party and, by default, the millions of conservative citizens who believe this nation can be what Ronald Reagan called the “Shining City on a Hill.”
Joe Biden makes a habit of criticizing so-called “MAGA Republicans.” His press secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, has also used the phrase, as have many other Democrats, including Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer.
MAGA, as everyone knows, is an abbreviation for “Make America Great Again.” Perhaps it’s time to ask Democrats and their media cheerleaders, “What’s wrong with making America great, again?”
America, after all, came to the rescue in two world wars. America put the first man on the moon. America put the first woman on the Supreme Court and the first black person in the Oval Office.
So, Jamie, Chuck, Joe and the rest of you Democrats, what’s wrong with a desire to make America great? Better speak up, because 335 million people are listening, and they deserve to know what you’ve got against making America great…again.
Here’s a list of questions for which you might want to prepare answers, just to keep the conversation moving:
- What’s wrong with wanting energy independence and lower prices at the pump?
- What’s wrong with wanting lower taxes and higher rates of employment, especially among minorities?
- What’s wrong with wanting lower food prices, healthier savings accounts, low interest rates and more disposable income for average citizens?
- What’s wrong with having a secure economy in which people can save for their retirement, and leave something besides debt for their spouses and children?
- What’s wrong with wanting a secure border, a stronger military, better law enforcement and a restored respect for police and sheriff’s deputies?
- What’s wrong with expecting free and fair elections, where there would never be a question about cheating or vote fraud?
- What’s wrong with wanting safer streets, safer schools, and safer neighborhoods? (The number of Americans buying guns—especially for the first time—should tell you something, if you were interested in listening,)
- What’s wrong with wanting better education, affordable health care and better support for our veterans?
- What’s wrong with putting criminals in jail and zealously protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens guaranteed by the Constitution, including the Second Amendment?
- What’s wrong with freedom, liberty and the ability to disagree without fearing investigation by a weaponized FBI, ATF or IRS? (Maybe Democrats believe they should get preferential treatment, like Hunter Biden just did from the Justice Department.)
All of the goals mentioned above are possible in a great America. All of these things are part of the fabric of the “Make America Great Again” movement, and all of these things would strengthen our democracy. Americans have had these things before, so what’s wrong with wanting them back?
Democrats use the “MAGA” reference as if it is somehow un-American for wanting America to be great.
Don’t you want America to be great?
This country has achieved greatness and can do so again.
Even now, with all the troubles Democrats’ failed policies have created—inflated energy costs and higher food prices, rampant crime in major Democrat-controlled cities, homelessness and drug abuse—America still represents promise, not because of you, but in spite of you.
If people didn’t think this was such a good place, why would they be illegally pouring across our borders?
They seem to believe America is a good place, so what’s wrong with making it a great place?
Apparently, only Democrats seem to know the answer, otherwise they would not be demonizing half the population by obsessively applying the “MAGA” label to people as though they were lepers.
Democrats may not care to admit it, but referring to your opponents as “MAGA Republicans” is nothing more than not-so-subtle social bigotry, and we are all familiar with the logic that suggests when people resort to name-calling, it’s a signal they have lost the argument. Apparently, Democrats realize they have lost, but stubbornly cling to their Marxist ideals and green agenda.
If Democrats cannot answer these questions, here’s another perhaps they can answer:
Who do you want to model us after?
In what country would you prefer to live?
Let the rest of us know, so we can make arrangements for your transportation.